SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All portfolios, and bios must be complete and ready for submission by: September 7th, 2018 0:00 GMT.
Overview of Project
Girlgaze has teamed up with major partners to work on an important, top-secret, PAID project to break down the beauty stereotypes of how women are represented in global media and represent what real women look like. How? We’re selecting female-identifying photographers from around the world to shoot real women living their real lives. Read below and follow the steps if you’d like to be considered for this project!
To Qualify you must:
- Have a completed profile on girlgaze.tv
- Be a female identifying photographer
- Have a portfolio of work demonstrating your portrait photography experience
- Live in one of the following countries (Don’t see yours listed? Don’t worry we’ll roll out to more countries soon)
- South Africa
Want to be considered? Follow the steps below to be considered for this project and to find out more information.
Step One: Update Your Portfolio!
- Show us what you got! Please upload up to 30 images from your portfolio.
- We suggest sharing images that show your range and if possible, highlight the way you portray the female-identifying form. We’d love to see portraits, editorial, photojournalism and lifestyle photography.
- Keep in mind this program will focus on women in their daily lives so, if possible, please tailor your uploads accordingly.
- This portfolio will be shared by Girlgaze with our partners. No images from your portfolio will be used as part of the project and no images will be shared publicly. At no point will these images be used outside of this partnership without your permission.
Step 2 – Add the “Cherry” project tag in the “Edit Profile” section.
Once you’ve done the two steps above, a member of the Girlgaze team will be in touch with more information if we feel you’re the right fit for this project.